Friday, July 07, 2006

Roman Holiday (and Florence and Venice too)

I recently took a solo trip to Italy and visited the cities of Rome, Florence, and Venice. I had a great time and the posts this week will be devoted to my experiences there. It was really an amazing trip. The people of Rome our probably the most hospitable people you will find on the planet and they have the best ice cream in the world. I had ice cream every single day, sometimes twice a day. Yeah, it was that good! The history and culture of Rome made it my favorite city, but Venice was a close second. It was absolutely beautiful and interesting to see how Venetians go about their daily life basically living on a body of water. I've been to many different countries over the past year, but Italy is hands down my favorite. The hustle and bustle of Rome, the beautiful coast of Sardinia, the relaxed way of life on the Italian Riviera, and the spectacular shopping of Florence...this country has everything you could ever want. La Dolce Vita. I love it!

No comments: