Friday, July 07, 2006

Paris Couture Week -- The best of the best

It's that time of year when all of the fashionistas rush to the City of Light for Couture Fashion Week. The shows this year contained some absolutely fabulous gowns and quite a few down right disasters. Below is a sampling of the best of the best.

Christian LaCroix
Christian LaCroix has never been a line that I've followed, it seems a bit old ladyish for someone my age, but I did find this dress to be interesting.




Christian Dior
Everyone knows that John Galliano, the Creative Director for Dior, is a plum fool. He's crazy, ostentatious, flamboyant, and completely over the top. His couture shows are a complete circus, but I always find at least of couple of gems in the madness.

Minus the face paint, crazy hat, and weird arm covering, this dress is really pretty. I could see Charlize Theron wearing this to the SAG Awards.

I know some of you will disagree with me, but I think this dress is stunning and very unique.

Once again, take away the headdress and arm armor and this dress is truly a work of art.

Chanel
The styling of this show really confused me. All of the models were wearing denim catsuits under the dresses and it took away from the over look of the pieces. This dress below is the perfect little black dress for an evening out.



Giorgio Armani
Armani never disappoints me! The gowns in this show were absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure we will be seeing some of these during the awards show season.



Valentino
Just like Givenchy, Valentino has been a little bit too old in its style for my tastes, but this couture collection (and latest line of shoes and bags) has made me change my mind on this. These gowns were amazing and if I were an A cup, I could definitely see myself wearing some of them!

This isn't a gown, but I love coats...especially this one.


This is my favorite gown from all of the Paris couture shows. Simply gorgeous.

*Sigh* All this talk of fashion makes me very depressed because I don't have millions of dollars to spend on these gowns. If you want to see more, go to style.com to see all of the shows in their entirety.

2 comments:

Christen G said...

Oh my GOD, I freakin' LOVE that silver Armani gown (third from the top)! And the one below that is beautiful as well.

tater787 said...

you are SO the beyonce.