Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ice cream, Chamillionaire, and deodorant in bulk

On Monday I got back from a much needed vacation in Prague, Czech Republic. Yes, I know I had just finished a week long vacay in Italy two days before leaving for Prague, but my Italy trip was really a test of endurance and voracity. My time in Prague was a proper vacation. My friends and I stayed in a fabulous hotel (I meant it when I said no more hostels), we ate at great restaurants, and we got hour-long Thai massages. Fabulous.

Getting the Thai massage was a first for me. I usually opt for the ever-popular Swedish massage, or when my body has taken a beating I'll get a Deep Tissue massage, but I've never had any particular interest in trying a Thai one. I've been missing out! A little Asian woman walked all over my body and proceeded to snap, crack, pop, twist, and contort my body in ways that only a privileged few ever could. It was amazing! I left there feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready for more ice cream.

My friends and I ate ice cream every single day, sometimes twice a day in different forms. We were HUGE fans of the coffee with ice cream phenomenon (Starbucks needs to get on it!), and I managed to snag a Magnum bar on just about each day of our trip. I was never a big fan of ice cream until a few weeks ago, so I was in my glory because there were ice cream shops on practically every corner. That was definitely a highlight of my trip.

Another highlight was something that I found amusing, but none of my friends did. One night I went down to the lobby to pick up some maps and the front desk attendant was listening to "Ridin' Dirty" by Chamillionaire. This would have been utterly ridiculous even if I was in Detroit, but the fact that I was in an eastern European country made this all the more hilarious! When it comes to music, I've been really out of the loop since I moved over here, so I just found out who Chamillionaire was about a month ago. How can some Czech dude be up on it and I'm not?!

This trip is probably the only trip that I've taken in the past year that I've had no complaints about…well maybe just one tiny one. Czech people smelly funny. No, let me re-phrase that. Czech people f*cking stink! It was like attack of the musty minions! And the sad part is that many of these musties were funky before noon. There's no excuse for mid morning funkiness, there just isn't! I should have been armed with bottles of Degree and went running around attacking their underarms with the stuff, because my nose was on fire about 25% of the time. I was on the tram and as the wind blew into the window it also blew the mustiness of the man in front of me directly into my face. It hurt my feelings.

Aside from the funkiness, Prague is a wonderful place and I highly recommend it if you plan on traveling to eastern Europe. The best part of it all were my travel buddies. Debbie (a.k.a. Wonky Wee), the navigator who showed us just about every major part of Prague without even knowing it and also managed to eat an entire pig's knee; Tatiana, the eternal optimist and happy person that encouraged us (demanded us) to eat more and more ice cream; and Jen, the chronic picture-taker-jokster that captured our entire trip on her little camera. Ahhhhhh Prague...I couldn't have asked for a better trip or better friends.

2 comments:

tater787 said...

awwww!!!! *tear*!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Coco Stasia!
You know after reading your article about Prague, I decided to visit this wonderful city. Do you have some pictures of it?
Can you tell something about weather in Prague? Is there hot in summer or cold? What kind of people there?
So I would be very happy to if you answer to me.