Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Paris Couture Week -- The best of the best, part deux

So I was a little premature in my posting on the couture collections. I missed Jean Paul Gaultier and Elie Saab.

Jean Paul Gaultier
It's very rare for me to actually like something that is designed by Jean Paul Gaultier. Many consider him to be an artisitic genius, but I just don't get it most of the time. These two dresses however, were standouts in his '06 couture collection.



Elie Saab

I fell in love with Elie Saab after he designed the dress the Halle Berry wore to the Oscar's when she won Best Actress for Monster's Ball. I've been following his collections since then, but there have been quite a few times when I was really disappointed in his gowns. This collection is his best in a while. The gowns below are my favorite.







I YEARN for this dress...like a drunk hoe yearns for Colt 45.

1 comment:

tater787 said...

oh. my. goodness. #1 and #2 of the elie saab collection are per-fec-tion. i think i've just died and gone to heaven.