Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pope Bling Bling VXI


I read on yahoo news this morning that Pope Benedict XVI will soon be releasing a book about Jesus, so I immediately began writing a post on how everyone in the free world is snagging book deals, even tawdry hoes with bad weaves. Not that there's anything wrong with the Pope writing a book about Jesus, I'm just trying to figure out what new information he can give us about Jesus that we don't already know. There have been more books written about Jesus than Jesus, so I'm curious as to what angle he's going to take with this. But imagine my surprise (and delight) when I came across another article in the Wall Street Journal about how the pope is now donning designer duds! When I first read the headline "Does the Pope Wear Prada?" I thought, surely this must be a joke; but no my friends, it isn't. Apparently the pope has a snazzy pair of red leather Prada loafers that he wears to mass and was also photographed wearing a pair of sunglasses by the Italian design house Serengeti. To top it off, he even has a specially engraved ipod Nano! Even I don't have an engraved ipod Nano, hell I don't even own an ipod at all and I'm probably about 150 years younger than this dude! One of my co-workers thinks it's appalling and in bad taste for the pope to be wearing Prada, but I think it's fabulous! Well, at least now I do. At first I was a little put off by the idea; the elderly, ipods, and designer shoes just shouldn't mix. Ever. But on second thought, perhaps this is a reawakening for the Catholic church. Maybe at next year's Easter mass he'll come out dressed as Bishop Don Magic Juan and say, "bow down bitches! Pope B is in the hizouse!" He would say this in Latin of course. And I will now go to hell.

No comments: