Monday, January 08, 2007

The Second Coming of Remy Ma

Your girl is no longer homeless! After almost 4 months of transient living, I've finally moved into my new digs in Flatbush Brooklyn. *shudder!* My first impression of my new neighborhood?

Remy Ma is everywhere.




I've been living in Flatbush for almost a month and I continue to be amazed by the fact that 1 out of 3 girls walking down the street is a dead ringer for Remy Ma.

This alarms me because if there's any celebrity in the world that women would want to emulate, Remy Ma should be the last on the list. Actually, that chick shouldn't even MAKE the list! But apparently that isn't the case because day after day I see remnants of Remy. I find myself walking past women and wanting to say, "Remy, is that you?" This past Saturday alone I saw three, yes THREE girls with jet black weaves and blond bangs. Is this a new trend that I'm not up on yet?? Gaudy jewelry, unbeweavable hairstyles, burgundy lipstick with black lip liner, and tight ass/too little clothes seem to be the uniform of these Remy clones. Don't get me wrong, urban style is fly, but Remy Ma most certainly is not.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

I'm new to your blog, but I hear you on the Remy Ma bit. I went to visit some people in my old hood Crown Heights and I thought it was a Remy Ma impersonators convention all over Utica Ave. Makes me wanna cry.

Brill said...

You're too funny.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.