Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mistreatment of a cake

Do you remember back in the day on The Three Stooges or I Love Lucy when someone would get a pie thrown in their face and people thought it was the most hilarious thing ever? I’m willing to bet that in 2007 if you saw something like that on TV you would call it stupid and roll over to pull the remote from under your thigh. But imagine you were outside of a nightclub on a Friday night and you saw a guy holding a birthday cake…and then you saw some other guy come from out of nowhere, grab the cake and throw it at the guy...and imagine that the man who threw the cake was actually a professional basketball player for the L.A. Lakers...and imagine that the bitch, uh I mean the man, that this happened to tried to press charges.

That story probably wouldn’t be all that funny if it weren’t absolutely 100% true! Kwame Brown, a center for the L. A. Lakers did just that – he snatched a birthday cake, threw it at a man and then ran away. There are two things that I find very disturbing about this story. One: Rather than feign ignorance, the Lakers are actually acknowledging that this idiot attacked a man with his own birthday cake! Two: He ruined a perfectly good chocolate cake for no good reason at all. That is totally unacceptable! Yeah, he’s pretty ridiculous for doing such a childish thing, but why did he have to go and disrespect the cake like that?

Even though I think Kwame is dangerously close to Loserdom, I would love nothing more than to hang out with this guy for a day; we could do all sorts of fun things like run up to fat kids and poke them with sticks! That may be a little harsh, but no matter what went down I’m pretty sure I’d have a good laugh or two. So Kwame, if you’re reading this and you happen to be in Vegas next month for All-Star, hit me up! There will be tons of wannabe groupies out there that need good weaves thrown at them.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I'm so surprised that the Lakers are actually acknowledging what happened. I wonder what kind of punishment he will get.

Hmm, maybe the weave should be thrown at Remy Ma? Just a thought.