Thursday, December 21, 2006

Vomit on my ankle - A reoccurring experience

Last summer, my friend Aina and I were headed to a birthday party in Lewisham, a town just outside of London. Once we got to the train station, we continued our journey on the bus but had absolutely no luck in finding the party.

"Aina, this is ridiculous," I said (as usual). "We're never going to find this place, let's just turn around and go back home."

Just as I was finishing that sentence, a woman standing in the aisle threw up all over the place. Vomit was everywhere! Aina was sitting in the outside seat so she practically jumped onto my lap to avoid getting showered in the drunk woman's puke. Fortunately, not much of it got on us. I think Aina got a little on her leg and some got on my ankle. It wasn't a whole lot, but just enough to make me nauseous and gag uncontrollably until we got off the bus.

Fast forward 7 or 8 months later and I find myself in a similar situation again. I was on the 1 train (I gotta stop with this public transportation stuff) and I was writing my to-do list in my notebook. I wasn't paying attention to anything that was going on around me, but suddenly I felt something warm and moist on my ankle. I looked down and saw vomit all over the place. My first thought was, "Where in the hell did this come from?!" I must have really been in the zone because less than two feet away from me someone threw up, incited panic, exited at the next stop, and I didn't notice a thing until the crap started running down my ankle. What a loser! (And I'm referring to myself, not the asshole that threw up).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are officially the "Vomit Queens."