Wednesday, August 02, 2006

An uncomfortable conversation

Just like Cocoa Girl, inappropriate conversations at work are happening all over the place!

Me: Good morning Steve.

Co-worker Simon: Ah, good morning "Coco", how was your weekend?

Me: It was great! Me and a few friends went to Wales to see the Madonna concert.

Co-worker Simon: Really? Oh that sounds like fun! How was the show?

Me: Amazing! I had such a good time. I love Madonna!

Co-worker Simon: Yeah, she's quite a performer.

Me: So what did you do this weekend?

Co-worker Simon: Not much. My wife and I got into a fight. She's been pretty testy lately.

Me: (On the verge of giving him The Crazy Look) What happened?

Co-worker Simon: She's upset because I've been working long hours and we don't spend as much time together as we used to. We spent most of the weekend going back and forth about it. It got quite nasty!

Me: Oh I'm sure it wasn't that bad!

Co-worker Simon: Actually, it was. I was a little afraid of her.

Me: (Trying very, very hard to suppress The Crazy Look) Are you a man?

Co-worker Simon: I'm sorry, what did you say?

Me: Are you mad? I asked are you mad? (Snickering under my breath)

Co-worker Simon: Me? She's the one that's mad!

Me: Oh no no no, I meant are you upset. Not "are you crazy."

Co-worker Simon: Oh, I misunderstood. I wasn't upset in the beginning, at least not until she got violent. She hit me a few times and threw my mum's silver all over the flat. She beat me pretty badly. My body still aches a bit.

Me: Um, yeah. (Uncomfortable silence) Ok well I'm going to go grab some coffee. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Annnnnd scene!

4 comments:

Christen G said...

Is that verbatim? Did you co-worker seriously admit to getting beat up by his wife?

I think I'm more amused by the fact that he told you about it and then expected a response -- like you're supposed to be interested and engaged in the state of his marriage.

Coco Stasia said...

Yeah, that was pretty much verbatim! But I think he's a little downsy though. I barely know the guy so I have no idea why he would tell me something like that.

nikki said...

LMAO@"are you a man?" BWAAAHAHAHAHA

for real though...a brotha doesn't really want to be around me at a certain time of the month. he'd have every right to be afraid of me.

Chuck and Garland said...

I'm sorry -
But as a man, I would never in a million years acknowledge getting beat up by my wife. This is complete comedy! It HAS to be.

However, there was actually a movie about this subject about 10 years ago called "Men Don't Tell" or "A Husbands Shame" or something like that! I thought it was sad and hilarious all at the same time!

I just can't imagine my wife, or ANY woman that wasn't a professional wrestler thrying to beat me up.

To quote Nikki... BWAAAAH HAAHAAHAAHAA - BAAAAAAAW HAAW HAAW!

(Garland)