Tuesday, August 08, 2006

And the love keeps getting stronger

Following up on my last post about my love for Starbucks and Dubai, I am pleased to announce that Starbucks will now be selling books in their cafes! I never quite understood why they were selling cds and dvds, but selling books makes perfect sense because many people go to Starbucks for the sole purpose of reading a good book while enjoying a good cup of coffee. Well done SB, you've made mama proud! Now all we have to do is do something about their choice of books...I don't know too many people who want to curl up with a steaming hot mocha and read "The Little Engine That Could." Unless of course they're downsy. In which case you have to wonder why they're in Starbucks to begin with. But maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about because it did sell 25,000 copies of the book in just one week. I was about 8 years old the last time I read that book and even then I didn't think it was too much of a page turner. Either I'm really missing something, or Starbucks was invaded by 25,000 downsy people in the course of 7 days. But hey, Starbucks is selling books!

No comments: