Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Why did he have to be ugly?

This statement will probably come back to haunt me, but I'm going to say it anyway. Bloggers should never post pictures of themselves on their blog--especially if they're ugly. I know, I sound really mean and a wee bit shallow, but I've never claimed to be perfect, nice, or warm and fuzzy. So there you have it!

There's a political blog that I read regularly (it's not listed in my Bloggorhea and I'll protect his identity by not naming his blog) and I think this man is brilliant. He's in his late twenties, lives in DC and sounds just dreamy. For the past few months I've been reading his blog on an almost daily basis and I subconsciously created a vision in my mind of what he looks like. He's insightful, intelligent, comical, and has a dry sarcasm that only true dorks (like me) would understand. I figured that if he had all those qualities, then he must be handsome, right? So I developed a little cyber-crush on my favorite politico; that is, until he started posting pictures of himself on his blog. All of a sudden I was brought to the sad reality that my dreamy blogger was actually an unattractive, slightly obese tub of lard with hideous clothes and a mild case of adult acne. I was disappointed because now when I read his posts, I'll be visualizing a fatty instead of a handsome debonair man like Denzel Washington or Clive Owen. Let this be a lesson that anonymous bloggers should remain just that. Anonymous!

1 comment:

T.A.N. said...

et tu brutus?

*sigh*

hate when this happens. I'm getting proactiv for the acne ... i swear.