Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Go wireless, save a grand

This morning while going through my inbox, I saw a promotion from New York Magazine offering it's subscribers $1,000 off of Invisalign at the Manhattan Dental Spa. When Invisalign first came out I was really excited; I thought to myself, "Yay! Now's my chance to close my slight gap and fix my overbite without looking like a retarded grade schooler!" But just like every thing new that comes around, within a few months I forgot all about it and went and bought new shoes instead.

Fast forward 3 or 4 years later, I got really excited again when I saw this advertisement/coupon/rip-off in my inbox. Once again, my mind started churning and I thought "Ok, now this time I really have to get Invisalign. I can't pass up this deal!" But then I started thinking...if a "dental spa" is willing to slash 1K off the price, how much does this ish cost to begin with? Most coupons offer $10 off, or maybe even 25% off, but when a place knocks $1,000 off the price of something, that's a sign that it's too damn expensive to begin with!

1 comment:

The Little Black Girl That Could said...

Great entry...I've been a fan of your musings for awhile now. Keep 'em coming!