Thursday, May 04, 2006

Does a sheep die if it falls on its back?

I remember when I was a kid, everyone used to say that if you turned a waterbug over on its back, it would die a slow and painful death. Ok, maybe I just made up the "slow and painful" part, but nonetheless the thing would die. A few weeks back I traveled to Dorset, a small town on the coast of England to participate in a high ropes course. I've never been nature-ly inclined, but I really enjoyed being surrounded by the cows, horses, and sheep that seemed to be everywhere in this bootleg version of Camp Anawanna. While sitting around the camp fire (yes, I said camp fire) I was looking through my friend's camera to see what pictures he had taken since we had been in the town. I was going through the photos relatively quickly until I came across this....




What the hell happened to this sheep!? Did it fall on its back and die? Did the other sheep sacrifice him to the gods for some extra grass to munch on? I wasn't there to see exactly what happened to this poor creature, but the guy that actually took the picture said that it was having a seizure. A seizure? Are you kidding me? I've never heard of a sheep having a seizure, but if Nick Cannon can get a record deal and his own tv show, I suppose a sheep can have epilepsy.

1 comment:

tater787 said...

what's a waterbug?